HRD Strategies Present Workshop on HR Employment Law
Nina Lovett and Michael Lovett presented a human resources workshop for local leaders on employment law at the 2015 Annual Conference for the North Carolina Literacy Association (NCLA). As part of the executive track, the workshop was relevant to today’s workplace; whether you are an individual, leader, or part of a team. Attendees gained a new perspective on HR challenges and knowledge for meeting them confidentially and legally. Keeping up with the latest legal trends, changes in best practices, legal updates is a tough job . . . even for a seasoned HR professional.
In this presentation, you will gain an understanding of:
- What to consider before hiring an employee to ensure your process is legal and consistent
- Best practices for onboarding a new hire during the employee orientation
- Practical, legal and security issues for managing employee personnel records
- Key issues such as background checks, disciplinary action, documentation and at-will employment
- Latest trends, news and updates around employment law today
- What employees are looking for from employers
- Reference materials of federal employment laws
This pro bono workshop received rave reviews. Executive Director, Jean Light Kinyon, followed up by thanking HRD Strategies for this work.
Thank you so much for presenting on “Human Resources Development” at our recent NC Literacy Association Conference, in Greensboro. We all enjoyed hearing from you and gained some valuable ideas about staying legal in the human resources area. Both of you are so kind to come and help us, and you offer us such interesting and valuable information. You are booked with our conference forever!
Access the full presentation on slideshare.